Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Andy Goldsworthy.. and IDENTITY

As my quest for the descovery for identiy continues I met the most extrodinary artist.
His name is Andy Goldsworthy.... and he is not your average painter. he is a naturalist.
He uses things such as wood, ice and stone to create the most intricate pieces of art that I have ever seen.
and his words left me searching my soul for the identity of my form of art.

"As with all my work, whether it's a leaf on a rock or ice on a rock, I'm trying to get beneath the surface appearance of things. Working the surface of a stone is an attempt to understand the internal energy of the stone."


"Confrontation is something that I accept as part of the project though not its purpose."

AH Andy understands the stuggle to find his art in a stone, leaf, or rock he accepts a confrontation although it is not desired.

How true is this for identity?!!
We spend our lives doing things that create who WE are
can we not create beauty that only ADDS to our character?!

My art is much like Andy's I train horses. I teach them to dance, to placce horse and rider together as two hearts and one soul.
and confrontation is something in life that I have accepted.
this have helped to shape my rough, tough identity.
Andy Goldsworthy understands the struggle. and in doing so he has truly found his soul in a world where no one even knows where to start looking for theirs.

No comments:

Post a Comment